Friday 4 November 2011

winter open evening

Last night Andrea, Clare, Hannah and I went to an open evening at a local beauty salon, Health and Beauty Rooms in Worthing. We were greeted with pink bubbly, which was topped up throughout the evening, and delicious cupcakes provided by Truffles. We were also given a goodie bag of Dermalogica samples, so I'll do a review post once I've tried them all out! After relaxing in the salon, I had an ESPA mini-facial (30 mins), which was amazing. I've never had a facial before so thought it might be similar to my own exfoliate, cleanse, tone, moisturise routine with a mask, just someone else doing it for me, but it was absolutely lovely - so relaxing as the products used on me were from the ESPA aromatherapy range, and included a face and head massage. I definitely feel encouraged to get regular facials as I've noticed an improvement in my skin already, with it looking brighter and clearer.
I also had a taster St. Tropez spray tan on my face, chest and arms. This was another first for me as my skin tans easily so I've never felt the need to use fake tan, apart from occasionally using moisturisers that build up a tan, although I tend to find that they reach a point where they turn orange. Straight after my St. Tropez spray, I could see the difference in my skin tone, the tan being a lovely golden brown. After leaving it overnight, I woke up with the tan being a lot darker but once I'd washed it off the colour was perfect. Again, I feel encouraged to go for this treatment. I wouldn't go regularly as I think the cost isn't worth it considering they only last 5-7 days, but I might get one before I go home for Christmas or at the beginning of summer to get a head-start on a tan and give me some confidence in getting my pale winter legs out! Overall, I had a lovely pampering evening which was nicely rounded off with some yummy cocktails.




No comments:

Post a Comment