Thursday 16 February 2012

milan and mcqueen

I'm back from Italy! Sorry for the lack of posts recently, I've been doing loads of traveling but I have so much to share with you so will try and post regularly again. I had an amazing, amazing time in Italy - Milan was incredible just for the experience - lovely wide streets and endless designer shops. As lovely as Milan was, I preferred Florence as it had a true Italian feel, you can walk everywhere and shopping seemed easier.



If you go to Milan, you must go to:
Dolce & Gabbana Gold Restaurant - for the tastiest beef fillet I have ever had, and gorgeous cocktails

Emporio Armani Caffe - for a yummy Mochaccino and a pasta dish
Luini - my friends and I were divided on the taste, but they sell filled pizza pockets, great for a daytime snack, and they're always busy with tourists as well as locals. Italian dough is surprisingly sweet, almost like doughnuts. Just a short walk from the Duomo.
Instituto Marangoni for inspirational fashion lectures
...And obviously explore the designer shops, and art museums.

If you go to Florence, go to:
Rossopomodoro - delicious pizzas and tankards of soft drinks (I didn't realise this place was a chain and there's actually a couple in London)

Anywhere for gelato! Hazelnut and caramel flavours were the best
Uffizi Gallery for The Birth of Venus
Astor Cafe - a bar/club in a street off from the Duomo. We went on a Thursday night and it was 3 drinks for 10 euros, including cocktails, and the DJ was from London! Busy, great atmosphere and great music.
The Mall - I wouldn't have known about this if it wasn't for my guide book, but this place is an AMAZING designer outlet area, which has Alexander Mcqueen, Dior, Valentino, Prada, Burberry and Stella McCartney amongst others, which sell discounted recent and current season items. You seriously can't go to Florence and not go here. We didn't know how far out it was so we got a taxi and it ended up costing us over 60 euros because it's right on the outskirts of Florence in an industrial area. However there is a shuttle bus from the centre which costs about 3 euros each way. Prada shoes for 50-100 euros, Mcqueen knuckleduster clutches for 400 euros and Dior earrings for 80 euros.


I picked up this beautiful Mcqueen twin skull bangle with Swarovski crystals set in the eyes for a mere 70 euros. So happy that I now own such a signature piece for a bargain price.



Also head to luxury lingerie chain La Perla but you could pay up to 500 euros for a set. They do have items on sale for 50% off, and department store Rinascente stock it - I managed to pick up a gorgeous black mesh and gold lace triangle bra for 35 euros there.

I'm sure there's loads of places I haven't mentioned but those are the best of where I managed to visit. I intend to go back this summer to celebrate my 21st birthday so I will do some more exploring.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day! As I was feeling the McQueen vibe with my new bangle, I wore a tartan dress inspired by the McQ one seen on a host of celebrities including Emma Watson, Chloe Moretz and Rihanna. And black and red was very fitting for the occasion!

Dress - Apricot, £25
Black sequin jumper - New Look
Coat - H&M
Tights - Marks & Spencer
Alba Boots - Topshop
Leather bag - Topshop

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures Darling. You look great, I love the tartan dress, such a bargain as well :D x

    http://outsidebeautyinsidehealth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete