Saturday 9 June 2012

filthy gorgeous & models own hed kandi

 As my Jubilee nails had chipped quite a lot and I'm not sure how long you should carry on the patriotism (should I take down the massive Union Jack flag on my house?!), I decided to try out two of my new polishes. I used a Filthy Gorgeous polish in Grunge, a really nice grey/lilac putty colour as my base. On top, I layered Ibiza Mix from Models Own Hed Kandi collection, a clear polish with sunset-coloured glitter (muted, coppery rainbow colours). I love the look of these two together - the Filthy Gorgeous polish is probably a new fave as the colour is lovely, more pastel than dull. I was hoping the Models Own polish would provide more glitter coverage as the glitter looks really dense in the bottle but I do like the overall effect as it shows off the base colour. It's a shame you can't wear Ibiza Mix by itself - you would have to build up so many layers! However, it would probably look gorgeous on a black base.
I painted these this morning and have been at work for four hours, ripping open cardboard boxes and unwrapping shoes, then did loads of washing up when I got home and my nails have stayed pretty much intact so big thumbs up from me.


 Also I need to mention Barry M's All In One clear basecoat, topcoat & nail hardener. I've only used it a couple of times as a basecoat but I've noticed a significant improvement to my flaky nails, I don't know if you can tell by the above picture but they've got longer than usual! Happy glittery nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment