Friday 26 August 2011

updates + bicycle style



I've been enjoying my lovely bike in the sunny weather last week, I'm hoping for the rain to clear up so I can go on some more adventures! Above I'm wearing:

Floral sundress - Topshop
Leggings - New Look
Grey boat shoes - Primark
Black cross-body bag - unknown/vintage

I've also found some pieces that I think are so sweet for bicycle style. Playsuits are perfect for summer (and autumn with tights) for bike rides as you'll stay cool enough not to work up a sweat, and protected from flashing in windy conditions! This leopard print one below is on my want-list as I love the sheer fabric and how it's drawn-in at the waist, giving shape, whereas some playsuits can be comepletely shapeless if not cinched in with a waist belt. If you love vintage-looking rucksacks but don't want to feel like you're back at school again, this rucksack-style satchel is perfect, and great for transporting your essentials while cycling. A pair of brogues are ideal too, as they're comfy and won't slip off the back of your heel.


Topshop, £26


Topshop, £46


Topshop, £30


Urban Outfitters, £42

I think the slate and brown of the satchel look really nice together. Today I bought a new wallet from Cath Kidston, as I've needed a new one for ages - I couldn't close my old one for the crazy amount of cards I have and it was looking a bit battered and scuffed from being thrown about in my bag. This one, also in slate with brown leather clasp and zip-pull, has plenty of room for cards and a seperate coin compartment. The outer is made from oilcloth so it won't get dirty either.

Cath Kidston, £26

One final thing... check out my crazy nails! I did these on Tuesday after being inspired by other fashion bloggers getting creative with their polish, so used Barry M's Nail Paint in Coral, Rimmel's 60 Seconds Grey Matter and Barry M's Nail Paint in Black to create a leopard print design. I gave my nails two coats of coral, then applied spots of grey and then used a cocktail stick dipped in black to give the leopard print effect. I need to get a Models Own Nail Art Pen, the cocktail stick method turned out well but was pretty fiddly and caused my nail varnish pot to dry up a bit as I had to have it open while I was in the process of creating the look. I also intended to apply a clear top coat to help them last longer, so I found a clear varnish in my box, applied it to my little finger nail and it smudged the leopard print! Luckily I realised this before I did my whole hand. I think the top coat isn't great quality, or that I hadn't left my design to completely dry. Despite the lack of top coat, it's now Friday and my nails are still almost completely intact so I'm very happy with the result and can't wait to test out some more looks.


No comments:

Post a Comment