Monday 26 September 2011

London Fashion Weekend

Apologies for the lack of posts recently, I've been busy settling back at uni and getting back into doing project work, as well as going to London for various exhibitions (which I will post about in the near future), and, most recently for London Fashion Weekend. I had the great pleasure of going twice (albeit in the same day), as I bought a ticket and then later won a pair of tickets thanks to MyDaily, and it meant I got to catch up and explore Somerset House's fashion-filled halls with two of my best friends. This is Steff, who modelled in my shoot Double Take a few months ago:




I asked Annabelle, who modelled for my 1950's-style shoot last year, if I could get an outfit shot of her but we completely forgot! She was wearing a sheer cream shirt, black skinny jeans and patent black peeptoe heels. Here's a snap of us eagerly awaiting the catwalk show:




The catwalk show consisted of three designers' A/W11 collections (Jaeger, Bryce Aime and Osman) and two trend shows ('The Great British Autumn' and 'Rive Gauche'). Jaeger used great pops of colour such as burnt orange and mustard, and updated winter jackets with skinny belts to reveal a feminine silhouette despite thick layers of wool jersey, cashmere and brushed mohair. Osman also used colour, but with a more vibrant palette of shocking pink, lime green and pillarbox red against black, camel and charcoal. My favourite designer show was Bryce Aime's, for his use of structure and tailoring. The trend shows featured A-line silhouettes (skirts and capes), print mixes, smart tailoring (with ribbon neckties, peterpan collars and draping) and 'evening wear meets casual wear' - a bodycon dress was worn over a jersey long-sleeved shirt and teamed with a snood, a maxi dress was worn with a cosy jumper - I think this works best when there's a real contrast between the fabrics, such as silk or chiffon skirts with heavy or slouchy knits.


Presenter Grace Woodward, editorial stylist and judge on Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model; Jaeger; Bryce Aime; Osman


The freebies are definitely a highlight of London Fashion Weekend and this year I was not disappointed. My show bag included a Karl Lagerfeld Limited Edition Diet Coke bottle (which I refuse to ever open), Label.m protein hair spray, Kleenex Extra Gentle face wipes, Kiss false eyelashes, Kleenex pocket tissues, Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Capsules, Johnson's Baby Oil, Lavazza coffee, GU Millionaire's flapjacks (not pictured because I ate them) and a £25 Jaeger voucher, all contained in this year's show bag designed by David Koma.




I also subscribed to Elle as there was an offer for 12 issues for about £22, and it came with a free goodie bag which included Benefit Thrrrob blusher (worth £23.50), Maxell Crystal Budz earphones and Reiss vest.



I picked up this canvas bag with lovely floral print, designed by Richard Nicoll and exclusive to Vodafone customers.



Diet Coke was providing a 'Cover Girl' experience, taking a photograph before swiftly printing it and framing it with Diet Coke artwork.



Finally, here's a photo of me and Grace, I was kicking myself for not having a business card to hand! However, I did have in my hand my lovely new 'Doctors Bag' from Topshop, £36, that I picked up from Oxford Street the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment