Wednesday 5 October 2011

spotty polka dotty nails

One of my favourite Autumn/Winter 2011 trends is polka dots, just because it's a fun, playful print that can look ladylike and elegant and can be refreshed every year. I find that this trend works best when used with sheer fabric or tailored/bodycon shapes to flatter the form and prevent the body from looking swamped.


Stella McCartney A/W 11


Marc Jacobs A/W 11

I love following the catwalk trends but my student budget doesn't allow me to update my wardrobe as often as I would like to with high-street imitations, let alone buy designer pieces.

As I have recently got into nail art, I find that translating colours and prints onto nails is a really quick and easy way to be on trend without spending money on new clothes. I created the look below using Rimmel Lycra Pro in Golden Totem and a white nail art pen. I applied two coats of gold and then used the white pen to paint three dots (five on my thumbnails) across the nail as a guide for the rest of the dots. This is one of my favourite designs so far because it's relatively simple but eyecatching and I could recreate this look in loads of different colours.


No comments:

Post a Comment