Saturday 10 December 2011

Benefit Bloggers' Press Event

Yesterday, I traveled to Norwich for Benefit's Bloggers' Press Event. Benefit already has 12 independent boutiques, but the Debenhams Norwich boutique is their world-first boutique within a department store. The boutique is accessible through Debenhams, as well as through its own doors off Brigg Street. It comprises a large make-up counter, Benefit's trademark Brow Bar and three private treatment rooms: for waxing, spray tanning and makeup masterclasses.



The decor is gorgeous, with floral and candy stripe wallpaper, antique style picture frames, and quirky details like round windows and bespoke Benefit perspex armchairs.



I love the convenience and informality of the boutique - 'informality' in the sense that if you were visiting for your first ever bikini wax, the location and size of the boutique says "it's no biggy", while the brand's credibility and sugar pink decor says "relax and prepare to be pampered". The boutique recommends booking appointments but has slots for walk-in customers - perfect for a spontaneous pamper.

The Smooth Sally waxing room:


Bespoke Benefit towels add to the treat.



I want one of those chairs so much!

The Bronze Betty tanning room:


A full body spray tan is very reasonably priced at £20, considering Fake Bake is used.

The Masterclass room:
This room is where beauty school sessions are hosted. It would be amazing for hen or birthday parties, or just as an excuse to get all your girlfriends together!

Jasmine and Natalie provided us with a beautiful feast of champagne, orange juice and amazing canapés including figs wrapped in parma ham, pesto and roasted vegetable bruschettas and parmesan and poppyseed lollipops, catered by Expresso, followed by cookies from Clares Cupcakes London.



The Brow Bar is situated outside the Masterclass room. I had a brow wax and tint, £18, which I am so so pleased with. I've never had my eyebrows done before so I was a bit nervous but I really had nothing to worry about. Dee explained the process and products throughout, and afterwards she used Boi-ing, to disguise the redness, and Brow Zings to define my brows.



I had a fabulous time chatting to the other bloggers and the hosts, Jasmine (Digital Manager) and Natalie (Area Manager), about vintage, technology, blogging and beauty, and drinking champagne at lunchtime! I also learnt some really interesting things (Benetint was originally used to darken the nipples of exotic dancers!). I would like to say a massive thank you to Jasmine and Natalie for their hospitality and my goodies which included the limited edition Christmas gift set 'I'm glam, therefore I am' - I can't wait to use my Benefit products and will review them in a future post, as well as doing my Benefit giveaway in the next few days.



read more about the boutique here

No comments:

Post a Comment