Sunday 18 December 2011

fluffy crocodile



Wearing my most recent purchase in the above photo, black 'hairy lurex jumper' from New Look, £24.99. It's so soft and fluffy! I forgot to get a proper outfit photo so apologies for the poor quality webcam photo, but I felt like I was having a good hair day so wanted to document it haha.




And these are my new nails, created with Barry M Croc Nail Effects. I like this effect much better than the crackle effect, although I don't think it's quite 'crocodile'. I applied Rimmel Lycra Pro in Golden Totem and when it was touch-dry, I layered the black croc polish on top. I think it works by the underlayer shrinking as it dries, causing the top layer to contract and therefore creating the effect. I have no idea how it creates a 'croc' rather than 'crackle' effect though, maybe a thinner consistency? I think it works well with a metallic base as the cracks really show up. Next time, I will apply a thicker underlayer for bigger cracks to make it more noticeable.

Don't forget to enter my Benefit giveaway if you haven't already, details of how to enter are here. Five more people to win!

No comments:

Post a Comment